Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sexual Curiosity and Forgiveness

Sometimes we can enjoy forbidden sex, unforgiveness or something else instead of enjoying an intimate relationship with God and the overflow of this relationship with God, things like sexuality within Biblical boundaries, peace of mind and other ways of God.

God fashioned the color of our skin. What God designed is good. Savor dark chocolate; gaze on the lightest brightness; or be memorized by a shade somewhere in the middle. God gave us eyes to enjoy much varied beauty.

As a girl in the early years of elementary school I wondered if the penises of black, Latino and white boys differed. So I conducted an experiment with naked boys.

A challenge exists to look but not to leap into partner-sex outside of marriage. Sadly, sometimes we leap. Gladly believers have God living on the inside giving us the power to find our way back to safe and enjoyable sexuality and spiritual wholeness. Watchman Nee writes in his book Sit Walk Stand The Process of Christian Maturity, "An engineer living in a large city in the West left his homeland for the Far East. He was away for two or three years, and during his absence his wife was unfaithful to him and went off with one of his best friends. On his return home he found he had lost his wife, his two children and his best friend. At the close of a meeting which I was addressing, this grief-stricken man unburdened himself to me. "Day and night for two solid years my heart has been full of hatred," he said. "I am a Christian, and I know I ought to forgive my wife and my friend, but though I try and try to forgive them, I simply cannot. Every day I resolve to love them, and every day I fail. What can I do about it?"

"Do nothing at all," I replied.

"What do you mean?" he asked, startled. "Am I to continue to hate them?"

So I explained, "The solution of your problem lies here, that when the Lord Jesus died on the cross, He not only bore your sins away, but He bore you away too. When He was crucified, your old man was crucified in Him, so that that unforgiving 'you,' who simply cannot love those who have wronged you, has been taken right out of the way in His death. God has dealt with the whole situation in the cross, and there is nothing left for you to deal with. Just say to Him, 'Lord, I cannot love, and I give up trying, but I count on Thy perfect love. I cannot forgive, but I trust Thee to forgive instead of me, and to do so henceforth in me." 

What sins are you enjoying and/or suffering that need to turned over to God?

No temere. Don't be afraid to turn your sins over to God. Some sins are fun for a season, but all sin brings pain and destruction that becomes obvious sooner or later. Contrary to any deception you may believe, God ways are the most enjoyable way of living, and God has the power to live out His ways through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment